Google PDF Viewer
App allows users to view PDF documents on their devices
Google PDF Viewer is simply a PDF viewer app developed by the team at Google itself. While PDF document support has been added to Google Drive, there are certain environments in which using it would be impractical or simply not possible. Google PDF Viewer thus offers a standalone app alternative that ensures you can have access to important PDF documents on your mobile device at all times.
This app is primarily aimed at enterprise users taking advantage of the Android for Work Program. Therefore, its set of features is limited when compared to other apps in the same category, as it's meant to be a simple and lightweight tool to access PDF files in a work context. It still provides all of the essentials that one would expect from a document viewing tool, such as the ability to read any PDF document on various Android devices, print documents and search for text within them.
Using Google PDF Viewer is very simple. There is no icon for the app in the device's launcher, it just opens automatically when a PDF document is opened from the Android file manager or any other app on the device.
- Offers a standalone app alternative to viewing documents through Google Drive.
- Very lightweight and simple to use.
- Comes with standard PDF viewing and navigation features.
- Very limited set of features.
- Designed exclusively with enterprise users in mind.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.